Manic Monday

Manic Mondays are when I let you know what plans I have for the week.  Some weeks I may be very busy where other weeks there may not be any plans.  Since I now have two little ones to take care of I am going to post weekly goals for myself to try to hold myself accountable.  I have also decided to do a quick recap of what we actually did versus what I thought we were going to do.

This Week

We have a little bit of everything going on this week.  It seems that we have something to do every day.

Weekly Goals

Monday-S has school and then we are going to watch Baby A and Baby L after school while May teaches a pottery class.  S was excited to get to watch Baby L and P just likes going to May’s.

Tuesday-S has Doughnuts for Dad before school.  B has to work and both grandpas’ are busy so we did the next best thing and asked Uncle F.  I don’t know who was more excited S or Uncle F.  After school S has catechism class.  During his class P and I are going to my dad’s to hang out.

Wednesday-P and I have our weekly playdate at the park.  It is going to depend on the weather if we go or not.  I am going to try to have S’s friend come over to play after school.

Thursday-S has soccer practice in the evening.  B is working late so I am going to take P with me again.

Friday-B is off, and I think we are just hanging out at home getting stuff done.

Saturday-There is a build at Home Depot in the morning.  Other than that I think B is going to work on the playhouse.

Sunday-We are just hanging out at home.

Last Week Recap

It was another crazy week.

Monday S had his ‘busfriend’ get off the bus at our house for a playdate.  They were both so excited to get off the bus together and then play together.  Much to my surprise S invited more kids off his bus to come over and play and I have never met them before.  He invited one boy over, and he brought his older brother and sister.  That was three kids I was not expecting to have to watch.  They only stayed for about 45 minutes so it wasn’t too bad.  All of the kids were well behaved so the playdate went off without any problems.


Tuesday S had his first catechism class after school.  I was going to take P to the park for the hour that he is in class.  Instead we decided to park the car at the church and walk to my dad’s.  P loved it because she got to walk all by herself there and then we had about 45 minutes to hang out.  I didn’t give us enough time to get back before the class was over and I ended up giving P a piggyback running in flip-flops.  We were still late and he was the last kid to be picked up.  P woke up at 3:30am and did not go back to sleep.  She let me doze off and on the rest of the night while she stayed in bed with me.  No explanation of why she was up and never went back to sleep.


Wednesday I knew was going to be a long day because P had been up since 3:30am.  I got up about 7am for the day and it began.  For not getting any sleep she was in a really good mood.  We got S on the bus and then hung out for a while before we went for our morning walk.  We went to the park and I thought we were only going to stay for 20-30 minutes and we ended up staying for an hour and half.  It looked like she fell asleep in the swing but she kept right on playing when she got out of the swing.  I thought naptime would have been easy, but it was after one before I finally got her to sleep.  At that she did not sleep well and I ended up laying with her for the entire nap.  It should have been a 3-4 hour nap.  She took less than a two hour nap.


Thursday B had to work at night so I took P with me to S’s soccer practice.  She was not a happy camper most of the time until I let her sit in the front seat of the car next to me.  When it came time to leave after practice P threw the biggest fit to get in her carseat and then the entire way home.  S and I were laughing at her at one point because she sounded like a turkey gobbling when she was crying.  When we got home she continued throwing a fit.  May came over and she still didn’t stop until Baby A came over and they jumped on the trampoline together.  She did fine until it was time for her shower and then it was another fit.  P ended up crying herself to sleep and then again in the middle of the night after I rocked her to sleep and she refused to lie back down in her crib.

Friday B slept in because he worked the night before.  I went to put S on the bus, we were in the garage and not outside and the bus just kept right on going.  It never stopped.  I could not believe it!  I had to wake B up to go lay down with P (she was still watching TV in my bed drinking her bottle) while I took S to school.  When I got back I snuggled with P for a while longer before we got up.  B got up and took P out to Luckey Fall Festival.  While they were there I went to Kohl’s and did some shopping for P.  I got her a ton of stuff and with all the coupons I had I only paid $13.  P took a 20 minute nap for the day and refused to sleep once I took her out of the truck and tried to lay her in her crib.  B and I went to the Dixie Chicks concert in the evening and my sister came to watch the kids.

Saturday was a busy day for S.  He had a soccer game in the late morning, then a build at Toys R Us, and then a birthday party.  When he got home about 4:30pm he was exhausted for the rest of the day.  P took a decent nap, but I had to lay down with her.  Otherwise P had a pretty low key day.  She really needs them because she is overly tired.

Sunday we hung out at home.  In the morning we went outside while B cleaned up bushes he pulled out with the truck last night.  P took part of her nap in her bed.  She screamed my name for quite a while but finally gave up.  S and I hung out watching the race and Tigers.  I kept flipping back and forth.

I should mention that since Tuesday night P has fought me for every nap and bedtime.  She refuses to lie down nicely like she was.  I am not sure if she is fighting sleep or going through a phase, either way it sucks!

Last Week

My Weekly Goals

Monday-S has school and then has a playdate after school.  He is looking forward to it because his little friend is getting off the bus at our house.

Tuesday-Other than S going to school there are no real plans for the day.  S has catechism class in the evening.

Wednesday-P and I have our play group in the morning.  S has school and then an afterschool program for an hour.

Thursday-S has school, there is the farmer’s market, and then S has soccer practice.

Friday-S has school, and we are hanging out at home the rest of the day and night.

Saturday-S has a soccer game in the morning, a Lego build at Toys R Us, and a birthday party in the afternoon.  It is going to be a busy day for him.

Sunday-No plans so far.

Tags: , , ,

Comments are closed.

Disclaimer: I have never claimed to be any great writer. So any mistakes that are made are my fault. Sometimes I mix up names B, S, and P, but I think you can figure out who I am talking about. If you find any grammatical errors just fix it in your mind so it sounds right.
%d bloggers like this: